Languages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

"COW-A-THON 2009" HOUR #3: Share A Personal Story That Will Give Us Insight into A Side of You Most of Us Haven't Seen (Part I)

Interestingly enough, I received this topic from two different posters. I'll save the other one for later on (Ooooooh...a cliffhanger!).

I don't know how morbid this may or may not be, but I came across the tiny aticle in The Daily News almost two years ago...and I carry the laminated original in my wallet to this day.

While death of this type is always sad...it was her need to be noticed and not be alone...even in the end...that got to me. I keep is a reminder of how important it is for all of us to make a difference...to be connected...to remind others (and ourselves) that we matter, that we mean something no matter how bad things may get at times.

Here it is:



Elderly woman kills herself on East Side park bench in John Jay Park
By ALISON GENDAR DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER
Thursday, December 6th 2007, 4:00 AM
An elderly woman killed herself on a Manhattan park bench and left a suicide note saying she didn't want her death to go unnoticed, police sources said Wednesday.
The unidentified woman was found in John Jay Park at 76th St. and the FDR Drive about 7:20 a.m.; she had stabbed herself in the stomach. In her note, she said she didn't want to die alone in her apartment.

2 comments:

  1. there has always been something about the whole CUTTING thing being about attention that amazes me.. not even trying to be funny. im intrigued by those that use suicide and suicide attempts as cries for attention..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^....word...why not just create ur own website :)....or (seriously now)find something that u r good at or that u at least love doing and hone those talents to share them with the world...

    ReplyDelete