Languages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

We've got a special request comin' in...

This was probably one of more "interesting" requests I've had come in through the site...but because you asked, Amanda, you shall receive! ;-)

I barely had time to slouch down in my chair and prop my feet up on the desk for some well-deserved log-sawin' when she came through the door. From the moment she glided into the room, I knew my night was gonna' be far from over and Trouble was gonna' be riding shotgun the rest of the night. If I'd only locked the front door. If I only went to O'Malley's instead of drinkin' alone. But you know what a bunch of "if's" and a nickel get 'ya? A cup of coffee.

Before I could even straighten up, she started.

"I understand you're a private investigator, Mr. Flook. That's excellent, for I am definitely in need of one. My name is Amanda...."


I knew we were startin' to get personal...and I wasn't ready for that until I knew what the score was.

"We got time for all of that later, "Amanda." Why're you here? It's a little late to wanna' have someone follow your hubby."

Usually it's the smile and attitude that help me get the upperhand...but not this dame. She wasn't havin' any of it. Without battin' an eye, she cut right through.

"Well then let me get right to the point, Mr. Flook. I'm here to hire you..."

She paused slightly...almost as if she lost herself for a moment but put together a quick recovery.

"I'm here to hire you...because I'm afraid that I may kill my husband."

Oh boy. I smell a scotch-and-breakfast calling my name. Sleep's overrated anyway.

TO BE CONTINUED...SOMEDAY!! lol :-)

4 comments:

  1. ...Wow. That was kinda deep....and i must admit, I was a lil creeped out because I was half-way bamboozled on what the phrase "log sawin" meant...luckily, i remembered. This post almost got COMPLETELY misinterpretted....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO!!! Yeah...that's the danger of goin' with old-school phrases sometimes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!! Jeez, do I come across as psychotic. I just read this with the man in question and must admit that even I am creeped out. Very interesting that you capitalized Trouble, as I seem to be hearing that a lot lately. I am not sure I'm looking forward to the rest of this (hubby is though), but you rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, but I'm a HUGE fan of those old pulp novels! LOL ;-)

    ReplyDelete