Languages

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Something About a Goose and a Gander and Their "Good" Being The Same. I Always Forget That Damn Phrase!

So someone sent me the age-old topic of why it's "okay" for guys to get their "eff-on" before they settle down and get married, but not for girls. In the short answer...it's not.
Unfortunately, you're also talking about fighting back decades upon decades of sexism in this country. Only now are we really starting to look at the problem head-on and truly address it.
Society has perpetuated the sterotype of the man as the "seed-spreader" and the woman as the "embracing mother." That type of broad-brushing is what led to the double standards we have today.
My feeling has always been that if you're doing what makes you happy and you're doing it in a healthy manner so that you're not messing-up others...do whatever makes your socks roll up and down. The best advice I could give...and this would apply to both genders...is to understand and respect the importance of keeping your own privacy. Don't lost control over who knows what goes on in your private life. There are WAY too many "drama leeches" out there that love to suck on to any little bit of gossip they can get their tentacles on. Other than that...live your life the way you want. The way that makes you happy.
Besides, ladies, guys don't want virgins in bed...they just don't want to think about how you got your skills or at least believe that each guy met a violent, painful death immediately afterward. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. *C'mon, ENTERTAINMENT!* That means me rambling in order to keep you awake, but will probably make you fall asleep, lol*
    Hmm... I've read this one three times, there's just something that, i dunno... 'I'm not ok with' might be the best way to put it... I do understand what yah mean, but let me see if I can stay away from my book and analyze this part by part... ^^
    Yeah, it is not OK... At all... And what I always say is that we are subjected to believe what society wants us to believe... I don't know if it is understandable, but what I mean is that we sometimes cannot do stuff just because 'society' says it is a bad thing to do, wich in some cases or to some people might not be... *I think it is too late for me to express myself clearly* But what I am trying to say is that because of those 'sets of rules and beliefs' we have makes people stop wondering and thinking more in depht about what is right or wrong, for them as individuals, which I think is different for everyone, and that is what brings us to this *close mentality stuff*... Was this clear enough? lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, ma'am. We're on the same page: "social rules" strangle the individual's rigt to feel and experience what's right for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know! ^^ lol

    IT's funny, how you took my whole paragraph and made it one sentence... I need to learn how to do that!! :-P

    ReplyDelete