Languages

Saturday, October 10, 2009

"Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures."

Special thanks to Henry Ward Beecher...and Quoteland.com! ;-)

So I was asked which artists I appreciate and why...and it's never the former that I have a problem with. The latter, on the other hand...

There's something about each of these artists that impacts both my heart and mind at the same time. More than just appreciating their themes, they speak volumes about Life and our role in it, and how we sometimes need to embrace even the uglier aspects of Life. How can you appreciate a sunrise if there's no sunset to compare it to? For example, Coop's "Devil's Advocate" represents the need in society for those who ask the questions most people are afraid to ask. Pettibon's Anatomy series adds a realistic look at the affairs of the heart, and helps me to see the beauty even in the things we take for granted. So here's who I'm going with:
Raymond Pettibon
Keith Haring
Coop

1 comment:

  1. hmm.. *last try* lol... Nice picks!! :-) and I do like Pettibon and Coop, they are fascinating in a weird way, and Haring is not far behind... *me is looking for them now* ^^

    ReplyDelete